Heavy backpacks can spoil the pleasures of being in the outdoors. There are two ways to resolve this:
- Carry less
- Find an alternative to the backpack
While the first option is usually the best one, it's not always possible to carry less. If you head into a cold environment where you have few if any opportunities to resupply, you just have to take a lot of food, clothing, etc. and it will make your backpack heavier.
A couple of questions:
- Has anyone here tried one of these?
- How do they behave on off-road terrain? I'm obviously not going to climb a mountain with one of these, but they should be able to handle mild off-road conditions.
- Can they handle a bit of (ab)use? I don't want a wheel breaking off in the middle of nowhere.
- Is there a cheaper alternative? The Wheelie III costs €550 (about $735): that's quite a lot of money for a bag on wheels.