The Great Outdoors Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who love outdoor activities, excursions, and outdoorsmanship. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The previous founder wrote in cache log that he had dropped a trackable called GeoKret. I've found it, but I don't know how to log it? I can't find it on GC site.

share|improve this question
up vote 7 down vote accepted

GeoKret is an open alternative to commercial TravelBugs. It is an independent solution, having own site:, where you can log it.

It is integrated with OpenCaching portal, but Groundspeak is not willing to integrate them with their site. You can use Chrome plugin called GeoKrety Toolbox.

Registering new GeoKret costs you nothing, but you need to print a label yourself and laminate it. There are a few templates for labels available, my favourite has QR code which directs the founder directly to the site where he can log the GeoKret.

A GeoKret posing near beautiful cache

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.