I have been preparing for long walks in europe ever since I heard about European trails.
I have planned to hike entire E2 trail but in parts, may be I can afford to hike it in parts every alternate.
As I can study, I never got an update on the information about whether the part of E2 trail in Northern Ireland is open for non-irish long-distance walkers.
So, I roughly plan to start from Stranraer to Harwich as the first part of it. The distance to walk is approximately 540 kms.
As of now, I am focussing on this part of the trail.
My questions are:
- Apart from UK visa what are the other permits (if any) do I require?
- Are the trails marked well?
- Which telecom service provider has better consumer satisfaction in this region? So that I can buy the SIM for that provider.
- What is the best time to plan to hike in that region?
- Does the route pass through any area which is now not supposed to trespassed?
I plan to carry my tent and other bedding throughout the trek. I plan to carry food enough for around 4 days with me, hoping that I will manage to get to the civilized area after every 4 days. (I believe after studying the route, this is a safe and a fair assumption to bank on). I need not to tell you that I will be having my own emergency kit that has all the necessary things along with the medical kit.
I intend to complete this journey in about a month.