New answers tagged

1

I read how Eskimos would approach a polar bear and while the team of sled dogs kept it a bit distracted he would circle the bear until the sun is just at the right place so it shines in the bears eyes, you have to strike right at that exact moment and get past bruins paws. I would not stake my life on it if I were you just from what I've said though. And the ...


-1

I don't think rabbits migrate. It might not be a change in migration patterns. It might be a population crash. Rabbit and hare populations can crash by as much as 90% just from disease. If the disease crash is coupled with a high predator population, the remaining 10% is under severe hunting pressure. If there is an alternate prey species for the ...


4

This page makes it seem like they do not migrate. Most other plant eaters, like deer and elk, vacate deep snowy areas and migrate to the lowlands, river bottoms, or south-facing slopes that are relatively snow free. Movement through snow, of course, is not nearly so energetically costly to hares as it is to large ungulates, and hares are able to remain ...


7

Benelli's plant is in Urbino (Italy). It's the only manufacturing site where the final products (so, of course also the R1) are assembled and the final QA takes place. https://goo.gl/maps/LvToPLAcnzJ2 So, you don't have to be afraid that it's manufactured in the US or something ;P


3

As you have observed, you can legally hunt them year round; You just will not be as successful. Some times of the year are better than others. The best season for coyotes is late fall / early winter. During the warmer months when prey is plentiful they are going to be harder to call. It all comes down to how successful (or not) you want your hunt to ...


1

I've hunted deer within 150 yards using 10x magnification and for the most part that was fine. However I encountered problems when trying to determine if a buck was a 2 point or a 4 point, which meant waiting / hoping for the animal to come closer or spending a lot longer studying the picture. Details like that can be critical when hunting and can make the ...


4

To choose a good set, you first need to understand the behind the specs. Usually, binos are referred by two numbers, A x B The number (A) before the x is the magnification factor, i.e how many times closer (larger) you see the object. The number after the x (B) is the diameter of the lenses in millimeters. Then, there is a third number that's the result ...



Top 50 recent answers are included