Tag Info

New answers tagged

4

Rust is not harmful to consume in either form (red or black) Black rust is magnetite and is what makes cast iron cookware black. What is dangerous is being cut by something rusty, and danger has nothing to do with the rust itself. It is simply a great place for tetanus bacteria to live.


1

It's harmless. Rinse out anything loose. If you want, add a handfull of gravel, a cup of water, and shake for 10 minutes to get stuff out. A thermos is going to be food grade metal. So the alloys will not be exotic ones with chromium or vanadium in quantity. In passing: a 1 or 2 liter bottle with a pair of heavy socks pulled over it works nicely as a ...



Top 50 recent answers are included