Someone has recently mentioned a "bullet tip". I assume he meant something for target shooting but it sounds like some hunting equipment.

So, what exactly did he refer to?

  • I have to ask, because initially thought you were asking questions as an honest beginner but I am sure that's not the case, so what's your purpose? It seems you are now writing questions and answers offline, then just adding both at once.
    – Escoce
    Dec 7, 2015 at 18:11
  • @Escoce Checkin: chat.stackexchange.com/rooms/2291/the-base-camp I'll explain it there.
    – OddDeer
    Dec 7, 2015 at 18:33
  • Ima there and said hello :-)
    – Escoce
    Dec 7, 2015 at 18:50

1 Answer 1


You are right, a "bullet tip" or "point" is something used for target shooting. In fact, it's THE arrowhead used for target shooting.

The term "bullet" refers to its shape:

Bullet point

However, the bullet point and the field tip are the most used arrowheads for target shooting.

Here's a listing of the most common points (classical broadhead is missing):


I wanted to make clear that you never ever should use a bullet point to hunt! As you've already assumed the point is only used for sports. Read more about this topic here.

  • 4
    You could improve this answer by explaining why one should not use a bullet point to hunt. I don't know anything about archery, and I can't figure out why from your answer and I don't know where to look to find more information. Dec 7, 2015 at 19:23
  • @GregHewgill Nice input! Thanks :) I've edited the question and linked to another question about this topic.
    – OddDeer
    Dec 8, 2015 at 7:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.