I am riding on Horseback from Southern Denmark via Germany and France to Southern Spain. I hope to rely on the goodwill of farmers for an overnight camp spot and grazing for my two horses. But what about forest and wilderness areas? I am an experienced wilderness traveller and believe in the adage "Take nothing but your photos and memories and leave nothing but your footprints (HOOF prints)

closed as unclear what you're asking by user2766, Dzhao, Roflo, Phil, Sue Apr 8 '16 at 0:47

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 5
    OK, so what exactly is your question? – Benedikt Bauer Dec 19 '15 at 19:23
  • Just out of curiosity: how do you handle the veterinary papers for all the border crossings? That's a major hassle for even one border. I assume that you have to get a new health certificate for each border crossing? – Thomas Stets Dec 21 '15 at 12:52
  • * Is the horse coming from a European Union country? * Are you going through non European Union countries? * Does the horse already have a certificate from a European vet? * Does the horse have a passport? You may wish to contact someone on this site ec.europa.eu Here is a page for horses on the above site ec.europa.eu/food/animals/identification/equine/index_en.htm – Deirdra Strangio Dec 24 '15 at 6:28