If I want to create a 3D archery course in Germany on public land, which authorities do I have to contact? First of all I need to know which authority administrates the land but also if I have to talk to the ranger, game tenant etc.

1 Answer 1


Any authority in Germany is required by law to direct you to the correct office to deal with your question (Amtshilfe). A good starting point would be the receptionist at the local council (this could be a Gemeindeverwaltung, Samtgemeindeverwaltung or Kreisverwaltung depending on where you are). Public land may be owned by them, the Country or the Federation. They will help you find the right place. Wikipedia is a great source for information about finding the web page for the local authority.

Another good alternative would be asking at a local restaurant or hotel for advice on whom to approach first, as they have a natural interest in any event that would increase tourism in the area. They may direct you to someone who is especially sympathetic to requests as yours.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.