I keep encountering this issue during summer, when wearing short trousers or a skirt while hiking: my boots get filled up with small rocks and stones, and I must stop from time to time to empty them. I guess this is a common issue, but I was wondering: is there some method to avoid, or at least lessen the little stones which get in my shoes?
What I have tried so far:
- wearing long trousers which cover the boots (too warm)
- tying shoelaces differently (not too effective)
- walk on the grassy side of the road (not always comfortable)
- change the way I walk (hard and demands constant attention)
- trying to see whether it happens with other shoes/boots too (and it does... now I use a Lomer Pelmo)