I need bear bangers and launchers, but I live in the US. I've found a site that sells Launchers and Bear Bangers but they only ship to Canada, it seems.

Where or how can I obtain bear bangers and lauchers in the US?


1 Answer 1


Previous FFL note was wrong.

According to Sutton, a special license is required to possess these. They require a Explosive Pest Control Device (EPCD) License which must be obtained from the Federal ATF.

Once you have a license Sutton will sell to US customers. Read carefully when looking online. Some vendors, such as Margo, only sell the government agencies (fine print, bottom of page).

  • 1
    What does FFL mean?
    – qazwsx
    Commented Sep 2, 2016 at 2:53
  • Federal Firearms License -- I am far from an expert but it is required for the shipping of some arms. Commented Sep 2, 2016 at 11:26
  • Probably better to say the shipping of nearly all firearms in the US. There are some exceptions, but they're largely for shipping long arms ( rifles) to yourself or to a manufacturer for repair.
    – delliottg
    Commented Sep 2, 2016 at 20:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.