I am looking for a machine washable sleeping cot (metal/aluminum frame off the ground). I have seen that most cots are made out of a water resistant material (nylon/polyester/canvas) 600D. I have seen that most cots are not listed as specifically machine washable; there are a few but they do not meet other requirements (price, size, color, height). If it matters, I am looking for an XXL. Most of my searches for "machine washable sleeping cot" return results for dog mats. To be clear, I am not talking about a washable "sleeping pad" that can go on top of the canvas.
- Does water resistance affect machine washability? I guess I've washed plenty of water resistant synthetic material before, but these may not be the same.
- If it does not say machine washable, are there coatings or other reasons why Nylon/Polyester/Canvas 600D base material cannot be machine washed?
- Is it more likely that a cot not listed as machine washable will be designed such that it might be too difficult to quickly remove the nylon material from the frame? Or do they know people will possibly want to wash them?
- Are there any modular options, wherein the nylon portion is not dependent on the frame, and can be purchased seperately depending in needs, mixed and matched, etc.
- What has been you experience machine washing these types of products?
*Not sure if people are allowed to suggest products or manufacturers. The most promising appears to be the Teton Sports Outfitter XXL, but it is not listed as machine washable. Yes, I can contact the company myself.