The bite valve on my Osprey water bladder is covered in a black mould.
It's not very old and this is the second valve I've had on this. It seems to be impossible to remove and seems to grow no matter what I do. Couple of questions:
Is this likely to be a health issue?
- I have used valves like this for long periods of time before so I guess not but would be interested to hear other options
Does anybody have a good way to remove this?
- Good old fashioned elbow grease doesn't seem to shift it (doesn't help that it's very inaccessible), nor does soaking in boiling water or disinfectant
Can anyone advise how to prevent this from happening?
- it seems to grow no matter what I do, though I admit I'm not very good at drying it out after every use...