My Ventile jacket is getting a bit dirty. Is there anything special I need to know when washing it, or will a regular washing liquid and low temperature do?
Ventile can be either dry-cleaned as detailed below or hand washed using Grangers 30 Degree Cleaner
Professional dry-cleaning in: perchloroethylene, hydrocarbons. Mild cleaning process with stringent limitation of added humidity and/or mechanical action and/or temperature. Commercial stain removers on a solvent base may be used with some restrictions. A trail on a concealed part of the article is advisable beforehand.
We recommend hand washing in Grangers Pure Liquid Soap for Ventile , using the following procedure :
- Gently brush or sponge off any dirt or grit.
- Close the zip fastener
- Turn the garment inside out
- Hand wash in Grangers Pure Liquid Soap for Ventile.
- Ensure all residue soap is removed from the garment, re-rinse if necessary.
- Re-shape the garment on a hanger and allow to dry naturally avoiding direct sunlight.
- Iron carefully on a warm setting – this reactivates the DWR treatment.