I'm looking at extending a strip of LED lighting into another of the tents rooms. Dividing the rooms is mozzie mesh. I could run a 3m extension wire down and back up again, however, I was wondering if there was some sort of connector that would magnetically clamp to either side of the mesh and form the electrical connection to extend

1 Answer 1


I don’t know of anything off the shelf that is a magnetic connector but there is a thing called a “cable pass-through” or “cable gland” that you could use to pierce the netting and pass your cable through while sealing it from insects. Go to an electricians shop and describe what you’re up to. Alternatively if you don’t mind ugly, you could hand stitch or glue a patch of camp mattress foam into the netting with a slit in it that would allow you to push your wire through while keeping out the bugs.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.