I plan to go on a hike with someone allergic to latex.

Usually I would pack small plasters and leukotape, but this is not an option in this case.

How can I replace these items with latex-free equivalents in the UK?

  • 6
    Dialect Note: BrEng "plasters" is approximately the same as AmEng "Band-aids" or "bandages" (and for the OP's benefit, in AmEng "plasters" are substances used to patch holes in walls). That said, are there not nitrile gloves and fabric bandages available in your area? – cobaltduck Jul 12 '19 at 16:36
  • 2
    Latex free plasters will be stocked by most pharmacies. Bandaid have them. Elastoplast have "sensitive skin" ones, but these may not be latex free. – bob1 Jul 12 '19 at 17:07
  • 2
    Aren't there many options? There is even spray-on plaster/band-aid that just makes a film. Some small rolls of cotton gauze? – Tomas By Jul 12 '19 at 17:11
  • 1
    You can certainly buy latex free plasters in bigger chemists' in the UK and nitrile or even vinyl gloves. Pre-packed first aid kits often include nitrile rather than latex gloves (unless they're very cheap) but it's not always stated – Chris H Jul 12 '19 at 18:04
  • Thanks a lot everyone! I will follow up on the comments and report :) – nha Jul 12 '19 at 22:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.