I am not sure if this question fits here but since I like to travel and often face difficulties because of different weather conditions in different cities/countries so, I am hoping that somebody could tell the things to consider to find a suitable ULTRA LIGHT jacket.
I have already read a lot about down vs synthetic jackets, their compact size, and the warmth but nobody tells the performance of the jacket in terms of temperature, wind speed, and humidity.
MY JACKET REQUIREMENT:
- Ultra Light (Max. 500 grams)
- With/without hood
- Suitable for winter strolling in cities minus temperatures (upto -15 deg. celsius)
- Performs well in (humid + Cold) conditions
- Warm enough that not more than 2 layers (of something light) are needed underneath
I have found several reviews, which say that the following jackets perform really well but nobody says under which conditions they perform well.
Some Popular Jackets I found:
- Mountain Hardware Ghost Whisperer 2
- Patagonia Micro Puff Jacket
- Acteryx Cerium LT Men's Jacket
- Montbell Mirage Parka
The above links are just the examples of the categories of jackets that I have found so far. But I do not see any information about the temperature range for which they can work.
QUESTION Is the category of jackets I have posted as examples above suitable for Winter strolling (with temp. up to minus 10-15 deg. Celsius)?
PS: I hope this is not considered as a shopping question as neither am I asking for reviews of a particular product not am I asking for product comparison. I am only looking for the criteria that I should look for to find a suitable jacket.