Bought the item above to connect:
- Classic (x2) burner camp stove
- 5 gallon propane tank
It works very intermittently. As I understand, there are safety devices on the tank and the stove that prevent accidents with propane. These are essentially valves that get opened when you connect the tank / hose / regulator properly.
My guess is that something is "sticky" or the tolerances in machining aren't tight enough so the valve does not always engage.
When it works...well, it works. So, when it fails, typically:
- No gas flows at all, or
- The hose fills with gas (you can hear it) and you can burn all the gas out of the hose
There is a moving part at the end that connects to the propane tank. I suspect that this part is sticking. I gently pressed it in (towards the stove), reconnected the hose and now it all works.
- Is this a faulty hose that needs to be replaced?
- Is this a common problem with dirty connections? (by the way, mine parts are not dusty / dirty)
- Is this poorly manufactured and I should buy the same part from another manufacturer?
- Is this something I can fix myself? (cleaning, lubrication, ...)