I recently walked for over 4 hours in a not-so-great pair of shoes, which is a lot more than I usually walk, and of course my feet were sore afterward.
A few days later I saw a letter-carrier and, since he walks more than that every day, I asked him what he wore. The response of "waterproof Merrell" seemed good at the time, but it turns out there are several varieties that fit that description, and their write-ups use a lot of market-speak making each one sound better than all the others.
For those that have experience in these matters, what would be the best shoe to buy for my requirements:
- I'll be walking mostly on pavement or packed gravel, so don't need special tread or anything related to rock climbing.
- I don't need protection from sharp stones, snakes, etc.
- I don't need ankle support.
- I won't be out in severe weather or wilderness.
- My personal style is to walk more on my toes than heels (I tend to walk quickly).
- The part that mostly got sore was the ball of the foot all the way across from the big to little toe.
- Sticking with Merrell will reduce the choices.