I have seen a tool that helps drain the last of the fuel out of your isobutane fuel canister, and then pierce it to make it easy to crush. It's a simple little gadget that looks like a can opener. What is this tool called and/or where can I buy it online?

2 Answers 2


This (Jetboil Crunchit Recycling Tool) was found by googling "crush isobutane fuel can" and reading this second result (right below the outoors.SE question) for the link.

  • 1
    Thanks. Should the link ever become invalid, the answer to the question is Jetboil Crunchit Recycling Tool
    – Joe
    Commented Dec 3, 2012 at 0:47
  • Good point - added it in
    – Lost
    Commented Dec 3, 2012 at 14:48

Cheaper and easier solution.

Attach your stove thingy (In my case, a pocket rocket). Open all the way and invert the can (away from flame sources obviously).

Use a cheap and old fashioned church key to puncture the side.

Total cost, approx. $0.50.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.