Planning a camping trip for next weekend. It is looking like it may be the end of winter. We have about a foot of snow right now. What problems am I going to run into if the weather is above zero and/or we get some rain?
Anyone have any tips on staying comfortable, happy and dry?
So far on my list:
- Packing lots of stove fuel so that if making a fire is impossible we can still heat lots of liquid to drink and stay warm
- Packing two pairs of boots
- Bringing two tarps so that we can add a tarp under our tent to protect from water. If it rains we will pitch a tarp over our tent and maybe a temporary tarp over us
- Going camping in the forest.
- 3km hike in
- Temperature moving around the freezing point
- Overnight this time but interested in longer trips
- About a foot of old snow
- Two people