How do you dry wet socks when camping/backpacking if it's raining and the socks cannot be hung to dry outside?
I've been compiling a list of recommendations on this subject for a little while. Please add to the list if you can. I hope you find this useful.
- Stuff them inside your thermal underwear (while wearing them), each sock on top of a thigh, and wear to sleep
- Wrap the socks in a hand towel, wring towel tightly, and hold the wrap as moisture equalizes between the items
- Place a wet sock on each of your hands and warm the socks carefully beside a low-setting camp stove
- Stuff pack towels within sock and allow towels to wick moisture away
- Stuff socks into the base of your sleeping bag
- Insert an activated hand warmer into each sock
- Boil rocks (caution: rocks can explode) and insert the hot rocks into the socks