In the States, we have a Ranger structure, whereby you can call a ranger district that can answer questions about that district. Similarly, you can call higher up the food chain for questions affecting larger areas.

Is there an equivalent government entity in Canada?

  • Is that something specifically for public land? From my limited time in Canada I've learned about crown land and Public land usage zones (PLUZ).
    – gerrit
    Jun 14 '14 at 14:59
  • In the States it is, yes. I'm showing my vast lack of knowledge of all things Canadian by saying that I don't know how it works up there at all. Jun 20 '14 at 11:57

At the federal level your best bet is either Parks Canada or the Canadian Forest Service, which is part of Natural Resources Canada, which also has tons of other relevant areas such as maps and map data.

At the provincial level there is a whole gamut of environment, forestry and fishery departments.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.