I am office bound for 10 hours a day working at a computer. As I am off skiing this season, are there any exercises that will help my leg muscles I can do whilst sitting at my desk?
Here are a few quick and easy ones that will help your strength:
- Squats will be the most useful. Not exactly at your desk, but you can definitely do it next to your desk.
- Seated leg raises. Keeping your legs straight, hold the side of the chair and raise and lower your legs
- Calf raises. Put your weight on your toes and lift yourself up. You don't need to raise far, just get your heels a couple of centimetres off the ground
- Standing up. Every opportunity you get, stand up. Simple, but useful
- Use the stairs. A lot. Don't go near the lift ever again
These will all help - but nothing office-based will really cover off the fitness requirements fully, especially cardio so I'd suggest using the gym, swimming or running as further exercise.