I want to rent a boat (not a pontoon, but one with a sleeping area, bathroom etc.) which I can use for an overnight stay in open ocean. I am an absolute beginner about boats and don't know anything besides that boats run on water.
The questions I have are:
- What is that kind of boat called?
Should I search for yachts, power boats, resident boats?
- What are some places I can rent it from?
I'm based in Delaware, so DE beaches and the coastal areas of NJ, MD are easily accessible.
- What sort of training would I require?
Driving the boat is for sure a required skill, but the rental place will certainly provide that training. In addition, do I require any based medical training like CPR etc.? I know how to respond to simple issues like taking care of small wounds, burns, insect bites etc.
- How far in open waters can I go before I'll get into international waters?
I don't want to leave the US territory. Will there be some indication or coastal guards to help or assist if I get too close to leave US waters?
- Is it safe?
Pirates are still there, aren't they? I mean spending a night outside away from everything seems a bit ... frightening.
- How will I keep the boat from drifting when it is not moving?
Are anchors still in use?
- What else should I be prepared for?
For example: navigation equipment, another rescue boat?