You can reach me at
hanisan on gmail.
Though my education is formally in Physics and Math, I would say my greatest traits are the ability to learn whatever is necessary to complete a task, and the tenacity to pursue those seemingly impossible tasks to completion.
I've been been in large and distributed data systems space for the last decade.
I have experience with:
- Data engineering
- Real time event processing / streaming systems (both off the shelf and bespoke)
- Distributed systems
- Correctness proofs for systems and data
- Distributed testing architecture design and implementation
- Databases (Primarily with PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, SQLServer, and less extensive experience with MySQL, ElasticSearch, and Mongo)
- Monitoring and Observability infrastructure, instrumentation, and architecture
- Infrastructure as code
- SQL (various dialects)
- Shell (various dialects)
- Awk (Look, you can't unlearn these things, okay?)
In a past life I have also worked with:
And have experience with lab work and experimental design.
I am also interested in/fond of:
- Dynamical Systems math
- Measurement theory
- Proofs of correctness (systems, data, algorithms)
- Graph theory
One day I will find the perfect slinky that will slink forever on the up escalator in the nearby mall. (Or at least the theoretical one... turns out the math for this is quite hard!)